Friday, October 5, 2012

Wild Card Friday

In all the AL Central Champions and Triple Crown hoopla, I almost forgot that this is the first year there are TWO (count em, TWO) wild card teams from each league.  It certainly was exciting leading up.  The two teams in question in the AL were one game away from being division champions.  So exciting.  So, I'm dubbing this "Wild Card Friday."  It's nice that the Tigers aren't in this one game elimination.  Too nerve racking for the Tigress.

So, here are my picks.

NL: Braves. It's Chipper's last year.  He made the All Star team and the post season during his "victory lap."  I think the fans and the team want a win for Chip.  Chipper also made the original "hottest men in baseball" list.  I looked back and he didn't make it this year.  Win tonight, and you're in Chip.

AL: Orioles.  I'm so over Texas.  Isn't everyone else?  They think they are so great, pretending to be best friends with Dubya.  Hamilton's self destruction the other day was so enjoyable to watch multiple times on SportsCenter.  I went to Camden Yards a few years ago, so I also feel some affinity to the orange birds.  Plus, I'd love to see O's versus Yankees match up next round.  These two teams just keep running each other into the ground.  Perfect.  Exhaust each other for the ALDS so the Tigers can cruise through.

Happy Wild Card Friday!  Tomorrow starts Tiger Postseason baseball.  LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment