Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ticket to the WS

The National League has punched the Tigers' ticket to destiny, and destiny seems to reside in San Francisco.  In the words of David Freese, "they [San Fran] are cruising."  It worries me a little bit, but I have to believe with all their elimination games, that the Giants' magic is about to run out.  I mean, a bases clearing double because of a broken bat that happens to hit the ball three times?  That can't happen twice...right?

Here's a hint though, quiet Scutaro's bat and don't make him mad on the base paths.  That's free advice Smokes, the next round is going to cost you World Series tickets.  That's right, because of people who bought tickets with only the intention of selling them well above market value, the true fans have no WS tickets.  I haven't given up hope yet, but it's not looking good unless I take a second mortgage out on the house.

The other unfortunate consequence of the All Star game loss is that the Tigers are heading across the country, leaving the balmy 75 degree Detroit weather behind.  Instead, they will be returning Saturday where the high is the mid 40s.  Thus is Michigan my friends.  However, if you can't handle the cold, I'd be happy to take your tickets off your hands.  I'd be happy to see the San Fran bats try and hit any of the men above.

No comments:

Post a Comment