Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2 days: My Not Tiger

With only two days left (jump lightly and clap hands), I need to pick My Not Tiger.  Remember, this is the Tiger that makes me groan, is the bane of my existence, and generally makes me angry.  This Tiger is also going to take the brunt of the blame when the Tigers lose (well, let me rephrase.  Gene Lamont is responsible for half of all Tiger losses.  My Not Tiger is responsible for the other half). 

Here are the clues:

He started with University of Florida and then transferred to South Florida Community College (that's right, he started at a major state university and then went to a community college!  This alone qualifies him for My Not Tiger).

He was only brought up in 2007 when Tiger utility infielder Neifi Pérez was suspended 25 games after testing positive for amphetamine usage (it was either bring My Not Tiger up, or be down a man...personally, I would have gone short handed for the 25 games).

Didn't make a major league team roster for Opening Day until 2010.

Learned the catcher position and first base position to make him more versatile (no thanks!).

Spends half his paycheck on Rogaine.

He SUCKS in all games prior to the All Star break (only .213 in 2011 from April-June.  My plan now is to keep him in Grand Rapids until July).

Can't guess yet?  Really?  Take a look at the WORST play in Tigers history below:

That's right folks, it's Suckburn!  Congrats kid...now stay out of the line up!

2 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment