Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ohio

Anytime the Tigers are doing well, everyone seems to enjoy the celebrating.  When the Tigers continually lose in extra inning games or in the ninth (looking at you Papa), it's, "Oh Tigress, what's going on with your Tigers?"

I'll gladly take them as my Tigers and you should too.  Don't abandon ship now, friends!  There's a little rough patch, but I have hope.  The Tiger pitchers are lighting it up (They have an average of 9.85 strikeouts per nine innings this season, which leads both leagues.  Surprisingly, they have more strikeouts on the road and 11.47 on average over the past three games).  The bats need to heat up a little, but I'm not too concerned.  The Tigers have some great hitters on their team and just hit three home runs off Baltimore in the fourth inning (VMart, Soft J, and Avila...not even the bash brothers, although Cabby just hit a grand salami so he didn't want to be shown up).

So don't lose hope, Tiger faithful.  Tigers are still atop the AL Central (we are sharing the spot with Cleveland only because we feel sorry for them).  Rod even called Tuiasosopo "Tuey" today, which means he's reading the blogs.  Go Rod.

While we are talking about Ohio, have you heard their new tourism campaign?  "Too much fun for just one day."  Baloney.  Don't try and tell me that Ohio is friendly because "hi" is in their name either.  Ohio is trying to replicate the success of the Pure Michigan campaign (which are wonderful except for the one about Flint.  Really, Tim Allen, you are trying to draw people to Flint?  I thought we were trying to attract people, not scare them away).  Ohio will always be the armpit to Michigan's hand, down river and just slightly smellier.  Can't fool me!  At Polish American night at Comerica, we met a nice-enough couple from Ohio who told us that if we ever find ourselves in Cleveland for a game, we should check out this great little Polish restaurant (Sokolowskis I believe).  Sorry folks, it's rare I find myself in Ohio unless I've been forcibly dragged or am passing through trying to get to a better state.  If I ever "find myself" in Cleveland, there's only one thing I'll be looking for, and that's a way back up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment