Wednesday, June 19, 2013

...And company

Unfortunately, the Tigs lost the series to Baltimore 1-2, proving that the O's are not a team to be messed with.  Those kids can hit the ball.  Now on to a four game series against the BoSox and the Tigers need to take three to make it a successful weekend.  I'll be there tomorrow for Zubaz pants day.  I'll be looking so fresh and so clean, pretty fly for a white guy, and flat out fabulous.

Unless you've been living under a rock, Miggy and Princey-Pie are on the cover of Sports Illustrated, listed as the Bash Bros (I think they got that name from reading the Tigress, just saying).  I haven't got my copy yet, but I intend to.  Miggy looks pretty serious while Princey has a half smile thinking about the millions of dollars he's making.
It's true these two have been RBI machines this year, but I'd like to highlight the "and company" part of what should have been on the cover "Bash Bros and company."  Two guys can't win a series and there are three guys that have been overlooked.

First, major shout out to Torii Hunter.  Sunday he hit his 300th home run and I completely forgot to give him some kind of shout out.  To make up for it, I'm giving him the scream out.  It's like a shout out, but to the third power.  300 home runs is a huge accomplishment, and I'm proud to have him do it as a member of the Tigers.  Congrats kid.

Next, let's give a warm welcome back to AJax.  We missed you!  In fact, I don't think I realized how much we missed him until he came back and started hitting the living snot out of the ball.  He was three for four on Monday with two runs, for gnome's sake!  (You remember the Tiger gnomes I got for Christmas.  No?  Well here's a picture to make you jealous.)
Lastly, let's give it up for Tuey.  He's the biggest surprise for me this season and I can see why Smokes likes him: he's clutch in pinch hitting situations.  Today he pinch hit for Donnie Kelly (I know!  Color me surprised too.  I'm sure Donnie is still Smokes' favorite though) and got a clutch two run double.  I'd say he's earned his spot and should still see some playing time even with AJax back in the lineup.

Which of these guys will be the stand out tomorrow?  Only time will tell.  Probably the guy that appreciates the Zubaz the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment