Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tiger in KC

From the last Tigress blog post, you can tell I love the fan experience of games.  Fans interacting, people meeting each other, becoming fast friends, trying to talk with players, traditions, memories, and fun.  There are some people out there that get it more than others.  I think one of them lives in Kansas City.  This man dresses in a Tiger costume for every game at Kansas City for the past couple of years.  Rario often comments on it.  I noticed him yesterday, mainly because he has one of the best seats in the house, right to the right of home plate (from the perspective of standing on the mound).

This is a dedicated fan, and today he brought a little friend to the game, a small Tiger hand puppet.  I did notice that the little friend only came out while the Tigers were batting.  If there's one thing I love, it's puppets (not mascots, those are humans dressed as animals and that's just creepy).  A puppet is a special thing because you control its actions, yet act as if it's a separate person.  Why is Jeff Dunham so funny?  Because he convinces you that he's interacting with cloth and foam on his hand.
If I ever win the lottery and no longer have to work, I'd love to travel from stadium to stadium and meet these dislocated Tiger fans who come out to see the Tigers even though they no longer live in Michigan.  I would probably get to meet a lot of sweet A people that way, including Mr. Tigerman.

No comments:

Post a Comment