Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ugly

Only one word for the game last night: Ugly.  If I was a nineties cheerleader, I'd even spell it out and tell you that you lack an alibi.  Six errors with the Angels (or the Halos as Mario keeps saying, think he used to work for them, or what?) scoring 14.  The sad thing is, the Tigers still scored 8, which in most games, gets them the win.  As a wise Sister Tigress once said, let's hope they get it out of their system.

In honor (or dishonor) of that hideous loss, I'd like to reference my previous post and identify the ugliest mugs on the Tigers through the eyes of the Tigress.  Pictures used to evaluate the aesthetics of the face were taken from the team website.  Candidates include:

Jose Alvarez- Even though he is doing a great job filling in for Sanchez, Jose's a little on the homely side.  A smile wouldn't hurt of course, but maybe he was nervous for his official team picture.  Maybe?
Joaquin Benoit- Mr. Tiger refers to him as Diablo because of his "intense" stare and general demeanor.  His "ingrown" hair on his face from the 2011 playoffs is also imprinted on my brain, permanently.
Phil Coke- Admittedly, I don't think Phil is as unappealing as his picture indicates, but this just goes to show that good photography is key.  So is grooming before the picture is taken.  Maybe get a hair cut, or rethink your facial hair.  All of it.
Andy Dirks- Again, I don't think Dirty is a bad looking dude (in fact, the Canadian girl I sat next to last week wanted to jump his bones pretty bad); however, face positioning is everything.  If you know you have a huge neck, maybe tilt your head down a little.  Or do a profile shot.  Something, anything other than the picture for Dirty below.
Those are my candidates.  Now, I know what you are thinking, what about SchEYEzer?  Well, I dig his look.  It's unique and he embraces it instead of hiding.  I'm team Maxxy on this one.  I thought I'd put it below, just to give you a peek.  I also didn't include Alburquerque.  I don't agree with JV on this one.  Even best friends can disagree.
After careful consideration and three tie breaker votes (I'm tough to negotiate with), we here at the Tigress have reached our decision.  The ugliest mug on the Tigers is: Joaquin Benoit.  That would have been my answer yesterday, but I'm glad I went through the scientific process and gave him a chance to prove himself. That being sad, there's no hate for Benoit, only love.

I also hope that Benoit rests easy that if the pool were expanded to include coaching staff, then Gene Lamont would win hands down.  Like, by a landslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment