Monday, June 25, 2012

Tribute to the socks

Science says the best way to break out of a slump is to change something about your appearance.  The "go to" change is to roll up those pants and hike the socks over them.  I've always been a fan of the high socks look and, frankly, think it should be mandatory as part of the uniform.  It's hot.  It's a great way to show off some smoking calf muscles.  And since there is never an excuse for stirrup pants (right Kurt Hummel?) this is a great way to cover them.

Suckburn was changing things up the other day and had his socks pulled way up.  Rod thinks that high socks make you look faster.  I think that's a pretty optimistic outlook on things, but who am I to disagree with the great Rod Allen?  So, in honor of the best fashion statement in the majors, here is a tribute to high socks and then men that wear them oh so well.

Where have you gone, Curtis Granderson?  The Tiger nation really misses you.  Woo woo woo.
Shhh.  Miguel doesn't wear his socks high all the time but when he does it's so good.
Ichiro says that everyone in Japan wears their pants this way.
I can post a Rangers player only if they agree to let us take this series.  Deal Ian?
 Don Kelly wears his socks old school style.  Must be why Smokes likes him so much.
In fact, the other part of the NKOTB boys wears his socks high too!

So here is my plea to the rest of MLB players.  Please wear your socks high.  This especially goes out to Joe Mauer,  BBoesch, Verdiggity, and Derek Jeter.  I'd even be down for the boys to wear them as JV sports them below.
The Tigers scored 5 runs in the first inning against the Rangers and batted around the order.  I had to check my pulse to make sure I didn't die or hallucinate this.  I don't know who this team is, but I like it!

1 comment: