Friday, June 22, 2012

Pep talk

Tigers are 34-35, which means the elusive .500 is only one win away.  The starting pitcher who could lead us to victory?  Dougie Fresh.  So, to get him psyched to get the job done, I've decided to give him a little pep talk.
Tigress:  Hi Dougie.  Can I ask you a question?
Dougie: No, I will not teach you how to Dougie.  Please stop asking me.
Tigress: No no, that's not what I was going to ask.  Do you have what it takes to get the W tonight?
Dougie:  Well, I'm not sure.  I'm still a little tentative since being on the DL twice this season and people are pretty hungry for .500.  I'm nervous.
Tigress: Oh Dougie, you silly neener head.  Don't be nervous!  You are DOUG WILDES FISTER.  Even though you are only 1-3 this year, you've had some very productive starts.  Take last start versus the Rockies.  Six innings, only 3 hits, one walk, and six strikeouts.  Not only that, you looked awesome doing it.
Dougie: You have a point there.
Tigress: Plus, the Tiger bats have actually woken up and the boys have a little FIRE in them.  I mean, how can you not get excited watching Tigerberry get the walk off hit the other day. 
Dougie: Ya, that guy is crazy.
Tigress: His energy is infectious!  So, what do you say Dougie Fresh, are you ready for some "lights out, Doug Fister quality pitching" worthy of your current 2.68 ERA?
Dougie: Ya, I'm ready.  Thanks for the pep talk.  Also, you look very angelic today.
Tigress: Oh Dougie, stop flirting.  Ok, let's go to!

1 comment: