Thursday, May 31, 2012

Polish American Night

I think Rod Allen said it best last night when he said something to the effect of, come on fellas!  This season isn't young anymore!

You ain't just whistling Dixie, Rod.  As frustrating as it is to watch the Tigers now, I'll say it again.  I watched the Tigers in 2003.  I'll watch the Tigers if they don't win another game this season.  Will I be mad?  Yes.  Will I throw things?  Yes.  Will I give up on the Tigers?  Never.

On that note, tomorrow is one of my favorite days at Comerica Park.  It's Polish America night (also note how America is spelled.  I'm a better speller than the people on Mitt Romney's campaign)!  Let's go back two years and tell the story of how the Tigress ended up at Polish America Night.

The year was 2010.  The holiday was Memorial Day weekend.  Sister Tigress was about to tie the knot in two short days.  My thought, what's the best way to start the wedding celebration weekend?  Why a trip to Comerica Park!  We bought the group deal which included a t shirt, soda, hot dog, chips, and ticket for about 35 dollars!  What a great deal!  Not only that, the giveaway that day was a 1935 throwback hat!  I also scored some sweet bead necklaces.  Check out the ensemble:
It was a beautiful day, nice warm and sunny.  The best part about Polish America Night is the on field dancing by all the small children.  They are adorable and all do a slight variation on the same 3 dances.  It's wonderful.  There are also Polka bands and fireworks set to Polka music.  Last year, Sister Tigress and Grandpa Tiger did a little Polka around the concourse.  Only on Polish America Night!

Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy like last year's PAN.  Good thing a true Tiger fan is equipped for both cold and warm weather, no matter if it's April or October.  Seems like a great day for the babushka.  I'll be the youngest lady at the park with one on, but I won't be the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment