Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Two hands

I'm going to tell a little story.

Juan Encarnacion played with the Tigers from 1997 to 2002.  I don't remember what year it was in there (one year that the Tigers weren't playing well), but I attended a game with several friends.  We had bleacher seats, which were basically front row seats to watch Juan play the outfield.  Now, he's definitely not the only big league player to do this, but it's frustrating to watch the whole game anyway.  He only used one hand to catch fly balls.  Any good Little Leaguer will tell you that their coach always said to use two hands.  Why?  So you don't accidentally drop the ball.  In fact, that whole game watching from the bleachers, my friend was shouting, "Juan, two hands!" 

Get it?  I thought it was hilarious!  His name is obviously a homophone for the number one, so it's like we were counting.  Ok, well I thought it was funny.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because Jayson Werth will do well to remember the advice of his Little League coach from now on.  Click here and just watch in horror.  At least Jayson brought his right hand up to assist in catching the ball.  I bet he'll do it from now on too!  So here's my memo to the worst of the Tiger outfielders (you know who you are...Delmon, Bboesch, even Tigerberry is a little too excitable).  One, two hands!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I was at this game too...two hands should be a baseball law

    ReplyDelete