Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic fever

When you love a sport that has 162 games every year, I think it's OK to get distracted by a worldwide event that only happens every four years.  Needless to say, Tiger offense needs to come alive.  Toronto and Boston were disappointing series to be sure (Tigers are ahead by 2 as we speak in the finale versus Boston).  We have Cleveland and Yankees coming up, and for some reason this year, the Tigers have difficulty against the Tribe.  I'll send out my good vibrations and do a score check, that's all I can promise until next weekend (except for Monday...more to come later).

The only disappointment of the Olympics is that softball and baseball were removed as events.  I guess I can see the reasoning, very few countries are strong and have national teams, yada yada.  But the reasoning that the International Olympic Committee gave was that these sports are too "American."  Phooey!  The Latin American nations (not to mention Japan) have been producing talented baseball players for quite some time now.  I guess that just makes next spring's World Baseball Classic something to look forward to. 

FYI: Japan has won the previous two World Baseball Classics.  I Googled it to make sure.

1 comment:

  1. The Olympics rock my world. I haven't slept this little since college

    ReplyDelete