Sunday, August 5, 2012

Epic

No other word for the win today.  Epic.  Epic win.

As mentioned in a previous post (you know you read them all, twice), the Olympics have taken a lot of my attention.  Today I tried to be diplomatic about my sports viewing and was switching between volleyball and Tigers baseball.  After watching the dismal display of hitting by Tigerberry with the additional defense infield, I switched back to see that the Indians had hit back to back home runs off Mr. In Grown Hair himself.  I was about ready to devote myself to beach volleyball viewing indefinitely after seeing two outs in the tenth when I commented to the Future Mr. Tigress that the Tigers had lost.  I flipped back to see the final score just as Omar Baby was poking a single over the shortstop's head.  Yelling ensued!  Cabrera's hit produced more yelling...EPIC!

So, with a sweep (finally!) over the tough Indians, I head to D-Town tomorrow for the game.  Tigers versus Yankees, Verlander versus Nova, ESPN Monday Night Football Baseball (oops my bad), and Zubaz pants.  Remember?  From the best giveaways from the year post?  Man, your memory is really going.  You need to increase your vitamin intake, I heard B12 does wonders.
If I wasn't going to the game, I would be conflicted about what to watch, Olympics or Tigers.  Here's my suggestions for all you unlucky people who don't get a brand new pair of fly pants.  Drag up your old TV from your workshop or exercise room and put it next to your flat screen.  That way, you don't miss anything!  I recommend keeping the Tigers on mute if you watch them on ESPN, but Rario will also be on FSN for all you purists.  With Ryan Raburn going on the DL, this weekend doesn't get much better!

1 comment:

  1. I've already come to terms with missing the Olympics all day today...looking forward to another sweet Tigers win tonight!

    ReplyDelete