Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lefty loosey

The Braves are one of the hottest teams in baseball, coming into Detroit with a 15-6 record and Justin Upton who has 12 home runs and had hit a home run in every ball park he played at...which is just bananas.  So when the Tigers swept them like the kitchen floor dirt, you know the Tigers mean business this season.  Tigers pitching is so hot that even Valverde got a save (alert the media!).  That doesn't mean I'm jumping on the Papa Potato train, though.  It will take much more than that to win my heart.  I rarely like closers, just ask my nemesis Todd Jones.

What I'm really excited about are the boys out in left field.  Tuiasosopo played all three games versus Atlanta and had four hits and 5 RBIs for the series.  By the by, his new nickname is Tuey, like rhymes with Huey, Dewey, and Louie.  You've made it kid!  A nickname from the Tigress is like being knighted by the queen.  It means you've truly arrived.  Dirty Dirks is also tearing it up lately.  He was 2-3 last night with a home run and a bunt single.  Not many people can do both in one game.  They are at opposite ends of the power spectrum.  He was also effective in the number 2 spot while Hunter had the night off.  Good to know he can be a back up.  If I know Smokes (and trust me, I know him like he's the overemotional grandfather I never had), he likes to have options for every spot of the lineup.  I like how Smokes is playing them when they are hot too.  It's easy to be good for three games, it's more difficult to be hot for 162.  Let's keep the dynamic duo going in left.

I need to just acknowledge how good the Bash Brothers are.  Cabby and The Prince are ridiculous right now.  Ridic!  Legit ridic.  In fact, I needed new adjectives so I consulted Urban Dictionary.  They are ridiculosity.  Their arms are so swoll.  They are money sandwich with a side of horsey sauce.  I heard they wash it down with clutcherade.

On a side note, if you have a request for a post, get them in now!  Summer is quickly approaching and we all know that's when the dream living starts.  First on the request list, a NOT list.  That's right, all the ugly mugs in baseball exposed.  I'm looking at your Hunter Pence.  They are faces only mothers can tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment