Monday, September 2, 2013

Work hard for the money

Labor Day is all about the people.  Hard working people like you and me.  Even you over there in the corner.  Ya you, I bet you've had a job one time.  This is your day to shine.  Unbeknownst to me, the Tiger players have been honoring the hard working people of Michigan this season.  When they hit a double, they mock putting on a suit jacket.  See, they are just like us.  Getting ready for the work day and putting in a hard day's work.  Torii even tightened up his tie today after his double.
Not a picture of the suit jacket, but maybe this is them putting mustard on their bologna sandwiches.

Princey Pie wasn't as serious today with the popups to the right side of the infield.  Twice, yes twice, he pretended to call for the ball and catch it when clearly Infante was all over it.  The thing is, Fielder had the iconic jump call off to Infante to win the ALCS against the Yankees last year.  Remember?  I do because I was there.
I got it...really, if you come over here I'm going to give you a concussion like I did to Avila
You know who else was working today?  Dougie Fresh.  He put himself in some tight situations (the number of walks these starters are giving out are ridiculous...banana sandwich even), and every time he managed to get himself out of it.  OK, he had a little help from his friends.  Mainly his new bestie Iggy, who I heard Rod has a man crush on.  Don't be a cougar, Rod (actually, the male version of a cougar is a panda.  You can look it up).

It's back to school tomorrow for all the kiddie Tiger and Tigresses out there.  Hopefully you went to Sunday's game and got your very own Tigers binder.  If you did happen to get one and think, "I'll never use this", please send it immediately to the Detroit Tigress.  You'll have my undying love and affection.  They never have good giveaways like this for the grownups.

Have a safe day back at work, Laborers of Michigan, and have a great first day of school kiddies.  Don't annoy your teachers on the first day back.  Teachers, lay down the hammer the first week to show the kiddies who is boss.  You'll thank me in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment