Thursday, September 26, 2013

Championship Hunter

I wasn't going to post anything until later, but after seeing some video this morning, I had to post.

Sister Tigress has been saying for months that Torii Hunter is not only her Tiger, but the leader of the clubhouse (who is made for you and me).  Last night it was apparent on and off the field that Hunter was the leader and is LOVING this postseason action.  He didn't get to go last year and he is living it up.

The moment I loved was typical Smokes, crying during an interview.  Normally, the team lets him cry and keeps on celebrating.  Oh no, not with Torii.  He picked Smokes up in a bear hug and brought him into the celebrating fray where he got a champagne shower and did the moonwalk.  That's the stuff dreams are made of.  Hunter also started a New Zealand-like yell and stomp that seems to get everyone revved up and crazy.

I'm wearing my Tiger scarf today in honor of all that is Detroit baseball.  Bring on the postseason!

No comments:

Post a Comment