Sunday, March 3, 2013

First watch


I rolled out of bed this morning a little later than usual but was pleasantly surprised to find the Tigers v. Yankee spring training game was being broadcast.  Happy Sunday to me!  It's my first official "watch" of the season.  Too bad it wasn't Rario broadcasting.  Some observations from the game:

·         The Yankee announcers (who are we kidding, everyone associated with the Yankees) are kind of pretentious.  They had Joe Girardi on the mic and Joe casually handed it off to Richard Gere who was sitting next to the dugout.  Smokes would never do that.  He’s a salt of the earth kind of guy.  He definitely wouldn't know who Richard Gere was and has no interest in hobnobbing with celebrities.

·         Donnie Kelly had a triple.  A good looking triple.  My mind is so conflicted about Donnie.  He has his moments of goodness and then ages of nothing.  Like in the 6th inning when he got caught stealing (really?).  He’s also just too darn nice.  He’s not even a candidate for My Not Tiger.  I can’t route against the underdog.

·         It’s hard to remember that Infante is a legitimate member of the team.  With all these minor leaguers mixed in, I keep thinking it’s 2006 and he’s a utility man.


·       Andy Dirks also had some pretty effective hits.  He had such a stellar year, I hope he can continue and seal up an everyday spot in the outfield.

      There's a game on tonight at 8 on MLB network with the Tigers facing Hotlanta.  I think it'd be a great day for a double header.

No comments:

Post a Comment