Friday, February 15, 2013

Man up, Smokes

I can tell by the shocked look on your face that you weren't expecting two updates from the Tigress in one week.  Like the mighty Grizzly Bear of Vancouver, the Tigress lays dormant in the winter and only awakens for important situations.  Now that the green of the grass is peeking through the slowly melting snow, the Tigress appears more often.  Kind of like the groundhog, poking her head up to check for signs for spring.

Ok, enough with the forest animal analogies.  On to reason for the post.  I saw an article titled: "Tigers' Jim Leyland 'brokenhearted' that Jose Valverde doesn't have a job."  My reaction to this was utter disgust.  Papa Potato was a bunion on the foot of the Tiger organization and drastic surgery was needed to cut off the growth before it spread.  I know that Smokes is pretty emotional, but he needs to Man Up.  The business we are in is baseball, Smokes.  We all know that there's no crying in baseball.  I've watched Tom Hanks yell that enough times that it's ingrained in my brain.  So, Smokes, unless you want to change your name to Evelyn, you should let Papa Potato go and concentrate on another championship season.  If I cried as much as Jim does, people would think I had a hormone imbalance.  I also believe that there is a reason that no one wants Papa on their team.  It's because he lost his stuff.  If he happens to find it, then he will get a try out with a different team (NOT the Tigers).  End of story.


No comments:

Post a Comment