Thursday, February 21, 2013

Birthday and My not

I was looking back over posts from this time last year and I realized that I missed the first birthday of the Detroit Tigress!  That's right, your lives all got a little fuller on February 18, 2012 when the Detroit Tigress was hatched from an old, busted baseball taken from the Sandlot.  To celebrate, I plan to bake myself a cake this weekend and eat it with no utensils.  Don't think you are getting a piece though.  Tigress doesn't share cake.

Something else I realized was that all my nominees for My Not Tiger last year are no longer with the team.  Let me say that again.  ALL my nominees for My Not Tiger have left the team.  Cue the happy dance people!  How is this even possible?  It's like MasterBrow has been reading.  Shout out to MasterBrow!  For those of you who haven't memorized every posting (I'm sure there's one or two of you), my three choices were Suckburn, Delmon, and Papa Potato.  Suckburn ended up taking the crown, but it was a close race to the end.

So, even though My Tiger is the same as last year (give it up for Dougie Fresh), I'll need a new My Not Tiger.  I'll be accepting applications through Spring Training, but will make my decision before Opening Day.  Be advised, the process is strenuous.  If you, or someone you know, wants to apply to be My Not Tiger, please write your responses to the following three questions on College Ruled Paper and send them directly to my snail mail:

1.  What would you contribute as the Tigress' Not Tiger, both as a player on the field and as fodder for the blog?

2.  What are your two worst qualities?

3.  The two people (living or dead) I would invite to dinner would be...

The last question is more for my curiosity than anything else.  Although, if a player were to put a tyrannical dictator on their dinner list, they would quickly move to the top of My Not List.

So, send those responses in.  However, if you only have Wide Ruled Paper, don't even bother responding.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like there are FAR LESS annoying players on the team this year...at least for now. I can't believe we missed the birth of the Tigress! First Spring Training game today and I'm decked in my Tiger gear!

    ReplyDelete