Monday, October 7, 2013

Two in a row

Well, the Tigers have to win the next two against the A's.  Not unheard of and not impossible.  This Tigress journeyed across the state for the game in hopes of a win.  Here's something important to know though, even if the Tigers don't win, I'll still be a Tiger fan.  What irks me (yes, irks) is when people say the Tigers are terrible.  There are thirty teams in all of Major League Baseball and only five from each league make it to the playoffs.  It is a luxury and an honor to even make the playoffs.  Just because your team doesn't win, doesn't give you the right to talk smack about your team.  Through the good and bad, people!  Or you are just fair weather fans, and I don't associate with fair weather fans.

Notes from the game:

  • This Tigress had one of the best photo bombs in the history of selfies.  I had on my rally babushka and the babushka smile that goes with it.  Watch Facebook in case it surfaces.
  • I love quoting baseball or sports movies at games and having other people respond.  The lady in front of us (who I photo bombed) made the comment, "Too high."  Immediately, I responded, "What does that even mean, too high?"  She turned back and laughed.  Brother Tiger also pulled out the L 7 wienie joke about Eric Sogard (get it?  He's a square!)
  • There was a kid behind us who did not take a breath between utterances for the first six innings.  There was 3 minutes where he seemed to stop communicating, but I think it was because his mouth was full of Dip N Dots.  Our favorite comment from the child went a little something like this: Kid: Think I can take this to school tomorrow and say I got it from the dentist? (Holds up rally towel)  "Uncle" (or just some dude who pulled him from school for the game):  No, you can't tell people you got that from the dentist because no one will believe you.  Then you'll be a liar and someone who skips school for baseball.
  • Said "Uncle" was wearing black sweatpants to the game.  There are very few instances when wearing sweatpants out in public is appropriate.  A baseball game is not one of them.  Especially when you comment that you have to stop by your office afterwards.  I know sweatpants are a no-no at work, even on a day off.  I was wearing playoff Zubaz pants, which are acceptable in all playoff instances.
  • Welcome back Jhonny.  You aren't super steady in left field, but neither was Delmon and we dealt with him all last year in the playoffs to take advantage of his bat.
  • There's a baby Tiger or Tigress growing in my belly (it's natural, not like an alien setting up house). This isn't Radish Tiger's (that's the code name) first game, but it is her first playoff game.  As a celebration, I bought her a JV doll.  Now Barbie or GI Joe will have someone to take home to mom and dad.
Pant tightness is equivalent to real life although teeth are much smaller

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember at this moment.  Dougie Fresh will get us a W tomorrow and things will be all tied up again (which is like kissing your brother, in case you didn't get the reference yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment