Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Tiger- the sequel

It was a sad winter for all Dougie Fresh fans in Detroit.  There was one fan in particular that took things hard.  Here's a hint:  It was me.  Maybe that's why this winter was one of the worst in recent history.  Cold, snowy, and lonely.  Mother Nature was a Fister fan too.  She'll have to throw on a National cap this season.

As for me, I won't be switching my allegiance to a team, just picking a new player to devote my fandom to in a ridiculous manner.  Let's do a brief history to catch you all up.  From approximately 2001 to 2011 (that's ten years, longer than all my romantic relationships combined), Brandon Inge was "My Tiger" before the term was even coined.  Some tough decisions were made in the off season and I released Inge as My Tiger before the Tigers released him from the team.  Dougie Fresh has been My Tiger for the past two, blissfully wonderful years.

Now, a new era in Tigress My Tiger is upon us.  Rather than go through the choices and my agonizing decision, I'm going to make this really simple.  My pick is sending a clear message to Dave Dom and AusMust about continuing the contract of a certain MVP beyond even 2015.  My pick is to stand behind our batting champ and metaphorically spit in the face of haters who say this guy has been drinking the juice for years.

My pick for My Tiger is Miguel Cabrera.  He's the man, he deserves my loyalty and I'll proudly give it this time around.  I feel like having Miggy as My Tiger is the right way to bring a child into this world.  I'd hate to give my child the impression that mediocrity is acceptable when it comes to professional sports.  I won't fight it anymore, power and numbers are what earns respect and awards in sports.

Congrats Miggy.  Even though the honor is mine, it's also partly yours too.  You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment